We are more than just a breeder, and our relationship with you continues well beyond the day your puppy comes home. We are puppy lovers ourselves and wish nothing would ever go wrong with any puppy, but a puppy’s health is dependent on a number of factors like genetics, exercise, food & nourishment, and overall care that are not always within our control. While we can’t guarantee that your puppy will never have a health problem, we can guarantee we will do our best to ensure your new family member is healthy from the moment he or she arrives home!
We keep our puppies up-to-date on all vaccinations and de-wormings and every puppy must pass a thorough health check before being allowed to travel. Finally, as an additional check and to activate your puppy’s Health Guarantee, we ask that you take your puppy to a licensed veterinarian within 48 hours of receiving your puppy, so we can be sure that your puppy is happy and healthy from the moment he or she arrives at your home.
The health of your puppy is our primary concern which is why, in addition to all that we do to try to ensure your puppy is happy and healthy when he or she arrives, we also provide a comprehensive Health Guarantee.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Our Health Guarantee to You*
- Health Check Policy — Before your puppy is sent home to you, he or she has undergone an extensive veterinary health check and breeders have followed our vaccination and deworming protocols in an effort to ensure your puppy arrives healthy and happy.
- Year 1 Health Guarantee — If, within one year of purchase, your puppy is found to have a congenital or hereditary condition which adversely affects your puppy’s health, we will provide you with a replacement puppy of equivalent value.
- Years 2-10 Health Guarantee — If, after the first year, but before the tenth anniversary of your purchase, your puppy is found to have a congenital or hereditary condition which adversely affects your puppy’s health, we will offer you a credit of 50% of your purchase price towards the purchase of another puppy from us.
YOU MUST FULFILL THESE OBLIGATIONS, AS EXPLAINED HEREIN, OR THIS HEALTH GUARANTEE WILL TERMINATE AND BECOME NULL AND VOID*
- You must have your puppy examined by a licensed veterinarian within two (2) business days of receipt of the puppy and, to ensure the health of your dog, you must visit the veterinarian on a regular basis ensuring your dog receives proper health checkups and timely inoculations.
- Your puppy comes with up to date vaccinations. You therefore should not vaccinate the puppy within the first ten (10) days of receiving the puppy to avoid over vaccination.
- Do not over-feed or over-exercise your dog and, regardless, do not over-exercise your dog during his or her growth period.
- These dogs are intended to be companion dogs; do not breed your dog unless you bought a breeding stud from us.
*Terms and Conditions of Health Guarantee
- Year 1: If within one (1) year from the date of purchase from Seller, a dog is found and certified by two (2) duly licensed doctors of veterinary medicine (DVMs) of Purchaser’s choosing to have a congenital or hereditary condition which adversely affects the health of the dog, and if Seller is notified within five (5) business days of the first veterinarian’s determination, the Seller will provide a replacement puppy of equivalent value. Seller reserves the right to obtain a third opinion of Seller’s choosing to determine the congenital or hereditary condition. All laboratory verification must be done by a licensed DVM.
- Years 2-10: If, between the first (1st) and tenth (10th) anniversary of the date of purchase from Seller, a dog is found and certified by two (2) duly licensed DVMs of Purchaser’s choosing to have a congenital or hereditary condition which adversely affects the health of the dog, and if Seller is notified within five (5) business days of the first veterinarian’s determination, the Seller shall issue a credit in the amount of fifty percent (50%) of the purchase price of the dog towards the purchase of a replacement puppy from Seller.
- Veterinary Costs: Unless required by law (including pet purchase protection or pet “lemon” law requirements), veterinary costs are not covered by Seller.
- Purchaser Acknowledgments: Purchaser is aware that owning a puppy means frequent visits to a licensed DVM and understands that he/she will be responsible for all costs associated with all veterinarian visits, such as but not limited to any veterinarian costs associated with spaying or neutering, including undescended testes. Failure of the Purchaser to provide puppy with timely inoculations or regular veterinary care will void this Health Guarantee. Purchasers should follow a recommended nutritional program, including feeding only premium dog foods and vitamin supplements. All dogs should not be over exercised during their growth period. Seller sells pets for companion purposes only. If your dog is bred, this Health Guarantee shall terminate and become null and void. Temperament issues are not covered under this Health Guarantee as they can be caused by a number of factors outside control of Seller or the breeder including, without limitation, lack of training, discipline or proper dog socialization. The owner is responsible for all transportation costs to and from the Seller.
- In addition to all the conditions set forth in this agreement, the following additional conditions shall apply and must be met or this Health Guarantee shall terminate and become null and void:
- The Purchaser must have the puppy examined by a licensed DVM within two (2) business days of receipt of the puppy, for the puppy’s New Puppy Examination (NPE). A copy of the examination (medical record) for the NPE must be sent to us by e-mail (email@example.com) within four (4) days of receipt of the puppy. The Purchaser shall not vaccinate the puppy within the first ten (10) days of receiving the puppy. Failure of the Purchaser to comply with the provisions of this sub-part (i) shall void this Health Guarantee.
- In case of severe knee, elbow or hip dysplasia, the radiograph should be permanently identified in the film emulsion with: registered name and/or number, name of the veterinarian or hospital making the film, date of radiograph taken. Furthermore, the radiograph and report must meet the standard submission requirements of the Orthopedic Foundation for Animals.
- If the Purchaser declines any replacement puppy, then the Seller shall be under no further obligation and it shall be deemed that the Purchaser has released the Seller from any and all further claims and waived any rights to pursue any claims against the Seller.
- This Health Guarantee shall terminate and become null and void if the Purchaser fails to comply with any term in this Agreement regarding the care, maintenance, or medical treatments or procedures that the Purchaser is responsible for providing to the puppy.
- The value of the puppy for purposes of this Health Guarantee is limited to the Purchase Price of the puppy, and does not include taxes, shipping, health certificate and veterinarian costs, shipping crate or any additional costs or expenses incurred or asserted by the Purchaser. This Health Guarantee is non-transferable and is not valid for sales of any puppies delivered outside the United States and Canada.